Dr. William Henkin is the co-author of Consensual
Psychic Healing Book, and editor of But
I Know What You Want. His web site is at http://www.drhenkin.com. He gave us permission to host this
archive of some of his writings.
- Chapter 4: Lay Sermons
Chapter 3: Introduction to Ask the Therapist
- Bondage and Safety
- SM and Psychotherapist Shopping
- Fantasies: Clit Whips
- Dissociating in Scene
- SM and Kids
- Alternate Personas and Multiple Personalities
- Dominant Women and Self Esteem
- Coming Out to Your Partner
- Private Play at Parties
- Emotional Safety
- Is SM Sex?
- Submission and Feminism
- Submission and Power
- In Love with a Transsexual: Am I Gay?
- How Can I Get Her to Top Me More?
- Submission and Masculinity
- Needs and Wants
- Top's Disease
- Nonconsensual Fantasies
- Benefits of Master-Mistress and Slave Relationships
- Why Do We Wear Black?
- How Do I End a Relationship?
- SM Recognition Signs and Leather
- Psychotherapy in the Dungeon, Part I
- The Femina Society
- How Do I Negotiate?
- SM and Childhood Memories
- Gags and Hoods
- Safer Sex and Party Rules
- My SM Dad
- Is Masochism a Learned Behavior?
- The Bottoming Book
- How Does One Develop a Command Presence?
- Safewords, Breath Control, and Safety
- How Do I Negotiate at a Party?
- Who's Really the Top?
- What Do I Do about a Dangerous Top?
- SM Limerence
- Scarves, and Play Parties
- How Can a Bottom Top?
- The Avanti Condom
- SM and Sex, and Ending a Scene
- Erotic Slavery
- SM and Abuse
- Is This SM?
- Endorphin Orgasm
- Why Are We Into SM?
- I've Lost Interest in Vanilla
- Play Parties
- SM and TransGender Issues
- If I Grant Her Fantasy, Am I Still the Top?
- Submission, Worship, and Slavery
- Piercing Safety
- Nurturing Top
- Spiritual SM
- How a Top Can Bottom?
- Cross-Gendered Tops
- My Wife Thinks SM Is a Sin
- SM or Abuse?
- Needs in Conflict
- Self-Inflicted Violence
- Foot Fetish
- Safewords, and Spanking
- Trance from Topping
- Coming from Whipping
- Spanking Negotiation
- Negotiation and Limits
- Abuse Fantasies
- SMers as Nice Folks
- An SM Closet
- Old Style Play
- SM and MMPI
- Masochism, Violence, and Abuse
- How Can I Discover My Own Childhood Abuse?
- SM as Need vs. SM as Fun
- Do Some People Really Only Top or Bottom?
- Consensual Non-Consent
- Therapy in the Dungeon, Part 2
- Since I'm Her Master, Why Can't I Do What I Want?
- How Can a Novice Dom Bring Out a Reluctant Man?
- Adding SM to a Vanilla Relationship
- I Have Always Been a Top!
Chapter 2: Introduction to the Professional Dominant Interviews
Chapter 1: Yesterday's Papers: Introduction to Book Reviews, 1987 - 2001
Copyright Notice and Reprinting Information for the Articles
by Dr. Henkin Linked to Above:
The entire contents of this archive, including every essay and article
written by Dr. Henkin that can be accessed through this site, are
Copyright © 2009 by William A. Henkin, Ph.D. All rights reserved.
Dr. Henkin is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT22960) in the
State of California, and a Board Certified Sex Therapist and Clinical
Supervisor in the United States (American Board of Sexology). A complete
article published in this archive under Dr. Henkin's authorship may be
reprinted in nonprofit organizations' newsletters if Dr. Henkin's name
and copyright notice, as well as this archive's url, appear with the
article. Please do not quote portions of articles out of context.
Publications organized for profit must obtain written permission.
This document is in the following section of this site: Main Documents > Contributing Authors > William Henkin
If you're new to this site, we recommend you visit its
home page for a better sense of all it has